Sunday, April 3, 2011

Island Spell by Wendy Whatmore

I am wrapped in a strange enchantment,
Caught in an island spell,
Snared by an age-old magic
Of a love no words can tell.

Not for me the far-away places,
Not for me the thirst to roam,
The tug at my hungry heartstrings
Is the call of my island home.

I am drowned in her great, green waters,
Burnt by her golden sun,
Dazed by her starry heavens
When her purple dusks are done

I have drunk the wine of her moonlight,
I have lain at her breast thro the years,
I have shared her joys and her laughter,
I have bled with her sorrow's tears.

I have lain on her yellow beaches
With my ear to a fragile shell,
And heard in its low sweet murmur
My wordless island spell.

8 comments:

  1. In this poem, the poet expresses her love and admiration for this country (Sri Lanka) it's beauty and charm .She says that she is attracted to this country ,as if by some magic spell .This poem written by Wendy Whatmore, a Sri Lanken poet who also had been reputed as a teacher of English speech and drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Island Spell, Written By Wendy Whatmore tells about her love about her Mother country and she tells that this country is very beautiful like the heaven as she was attractive and enchanted as this was a really a island spell.Wendy Whatmore was a Sri Lankan poet, who loved her mother country very much from her heart. she always tells that this is all our lovely mother country that this is very beautiful country as it is full with beautiful Waterfalls and rivers and forests and many historical things and may oceans are ther in Sri Lanka. so she say that everbody also should love this country.

      Delete
  2. Very nice this will be needed for my exam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice this will be needed for my exam

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much,this is the most important thing for my exam very helpful thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good but you could have added the literary they asked me it

    ReplyDelete